Cheese MS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cheese MS

CheeseMS! A maplestory private server made by Kirby. It is based on .v53 (working on updating to .55) . There will be GM applications again in July. Read your emails you sign up ith because you will get messages about upcoming events :)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)

Go down 
+4
inuyasha1288
[GM]Yuudai
androol
mapleskimer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mapleskimer
Poster
Poster
mapleskimer

Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) Empty
PostSubject: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 2:21 am

well the title says it all.
Nexon has fined OdinMS with money.OdinMS doesn't know why but....now that odinMS is closed....there won't be any new sources anymore..so I"ll think CheeseMS and rest of the severs onw't be able the update their sever......more infor at odinms.de
Back to top Go down
androol
Poster
Poster
androol

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:16 am

pretty sure it isnt real. =)
Back to top Go down
mapleskimer
Poster
Poster
mapleskimer

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:58 am

androol wrote:
pretty sure it isnt real. =)
I'm preety sure it is....^^
link
www.odinms.de
Back to top Go down
[GM]Yuudai
Poster
Poster
[GM]Yuudai

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 2:26 am

Uhhh.... Joke much?

Sure it says thier getting sued, but without a straight out reason why, it's invallid.
Back to top Go down
inuyasha1288
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
inuyasha1288

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:45 pm

suing without a reason o.O
Back to top Go down
mapleskimer
Poster
Poster
mapleskimer

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:18 pm

inuyasha1288 wrote:
suing without a reason o.O
I think the reason is because .Private sever have taken large amount of ppl from GMS, AND NO PRIVATE SEVER WILL DEVELOP IF THEY CLOSED DOWN OdinMS.
Back to top Go down
Hero
Poster
Poster
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 6:22 pm

so now that odin is gone, there wont be any new private servers ever? 0.o
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
androol
Poster
Poster
androol

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:21 pm

naw. the private servers will be fine, including odinms. the main thing, is that they have no proof. The servers do not keep a record of who joins and not joins, so they have no proof that someone has actually played it, no record of it, and therefore are technically free from any judgement because it is legal to fiddle with the code, just not distribute it. Secondly, nexon plain and simple Does Not Care about pservers, it is a form of advertising for them, in many ways. Finally, they would be violating their own TOS because the 3rd party act agreements would also be inquestion should they decide to attack a 3rd party code from OdinMS.

i apologize for those who did not understand that. =)
Back to top Go down
Hero
Poster
Poster
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:06 am

i heard that call to xplicitstory was a prank call, and there putting it back up 0.o
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Kirbyluver
Admin
Admin
Kirbyluver

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:14 am

androol wrote:
naw. the private servers will be fine, including odinms. the main thing, is that they have no proof. The servers do not keep a record of who joins and not joins, so they have no proof that someone has actually played it, no record of it, and therefore are technically free from any judgement because it is legal to fiddle with the code, just not distribute it. Secondly, nexon plain and simple Does Not Care about pservers, it is a form of advertising for them, in many ways. Finally, they would be violating their own TOS because the 3rd party act agreements would also be inquestion should they decide to attack a 3rd party code from OdinMS.

yes pservers will be fine because odin did not breech the copyright of maplestory they created the files completely from scratch. and if nexon wins, they would have to sue koolk for also creating a source that has starting more servers then odin source has (including cheesems, and limesstory). now that this cause of action has occured with odinms a LOT of private servers are shutting down in fear of a lawsuit. if cheesems was brought to court i would be fucked i doubt i can survive even a $50,000 debt to Nexon, let alone 350,000. My family would be utterly bankrupt and litterally living on the streets.

this post i have here is long as a piece of cheese sticks =P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kirbyluver2
mapleskimer
Poster
Poster
mapleskimer

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:16 am

Kirbyluver wrote:
androol wrote:

yes pservers will be fine because odin did not breech the copyright of maplestory they created the files completely from scratch. and if nexon wins, they would have to sue koolk for also creating a source that has starting more servers then odin source has (including cheesems, and limesstory). now that this cause of action has occured with odinms a LOT of private servers are shutting down in fear of a lawsuit. if cheesems was brought to court i would be fucked i doubt i can survive even a $50,000 debt to Nexon, let alone 350,000. My family would be utterly bankrupt and litterally living on the streets.

true but i can't believe that nexon fined them with $560,000 US dollars
Back to top Go down
andyxkenny

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:48 pm

well nexon sued us because they lost almost all there people from gms because when my bro went on maple here was like nobody on only some all the channels werent even halfway . We got sued for a $350.000 fine so now we cant upgrade but then we can still make pservers i guess
Back to top Go down
andyxkenny

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:49 pm

i just hope that we win
Back to top Go down
Killajax
Killajax

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 6:11 pm

mapleskimer wrote:
Kirbyluver wrote:
androol wrote:

true but i can't believe that nexon fined them with $560,000 US dollars
now nexon has to do even MORE fucking money counting someday nexon will get sued for BRAINWASHING POOR KIDS clown and andyxkenny no double posting please ._.

we should sue nexon for causing kids to do credit card theft for nx cash...
and for the god fucking kiddy showa..WHY IS MS FOR AGES 10+????? IT USED TO BE 13+ i swear 4krap works at nexon
and 1 more thing it would take nexon months no, even years to sue ALL private servers theres like over 200 out there plus nexon will fail anyway cuz whats the point of playing a game owned by a company that betrayed over 123,456,789 people? exactly no point Twisted Evil
wizet or asiasoft wherever u are WE NEED YOU NOW!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....)   Nexon VS OdinMS ( Nexon wins....) Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cheese MS :: CheeseMS V2-
Jump to: